The first step in scoring a race is to enter information about the race as shown in the screen below. Note that the first 2 divisions are using Time on Time scoring so they don't need a Distance. The last division is one design so doesn't need Start Time or Distance. Generally from this screen the user goes to the Finish Time Entry screen which follows.
I have used my many years as scorer for my yacht club to devise a finish time entry system that minimizes key strokes and reduces the probability of making an undetected finish time entry error. To enter finish time boat data:
- Enter the boat Sail number and see that the correct boat was found
- Enter the HHMMSS of the finish. Each successive finish time will carry the HH so only the MMSS need be entered.
- When all boats have been entered, sort by finish time and verify that finish times entered match the source data.
- Note that a warning is given for out of sequence data entry and that there is provision to handle overnight races.
- This screen is also used to enter Dxx scores and indicate pending Protests